| EXERCISE PLUS (LEVEL 3) |
| Course Content |
| Team Skills |
Writing and Research Skills
- Positive team communication skills and participation in an exercise and sport science environment.
- Coaching approaches and styles for beginner-level sports.
Presenting Information in the Workplace
- Creating informative documents on exercise and sport science related topics.
Using Digital Technology in an Exercise and Sport Science Workplace
- Presenting information using interactive media and applying active listening techniques.
Exercise and Sport Science Workplace Requirements
- Ethical use of information technology and managing information in the exercise and sport science sector.
Preparing for Employment
- Nutritional recommendations for active focused employment and educational environments.
- Personal exercise and stretching programmes.
Workplace Communication and Participation
- Evaluate exercise and sport science roles and other fitness focused career pathways.
- Develop a study plan to enhance future opportunities.
- Common employment relationship problems and resolutions.
- Participate in a community focused exercise and sport science activity.
| Qualifications |
- NZ Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3)
| Graduate Outcomes |
| Successful graduates will be able to: |
- Manage own learning to develop industry-specific knowledge and skills to prepare for further study and/or employment in the exercise and sport science sector and employment in a range of careers requiring a high level of fitness.
- Work effectively as an individual and as part of a team, applying communication skills to prepare for further study and/or employment.
- Solve problems and communicate clearly using a range of appropriate media.
- Evaluate opportunities and develop plans for study and career pathways.
| Pathways |
| New Zealand Certificate in Career and Study Preparation (Level 4), the New Zealand Certificate in Exercise (Level 4) (UCOL) or other industry-based qualifications delivered through full-time or part-time study, or in the workplace. Further exercise and sport science study can lead to employment as: |
Entry level employment in a range of sectors that require a level of fitness, such as:
- Exercise consultants
- Community exercise instructors
- Team training instructors
- Personal trainers
- Professional Sportsperson
- Infrastructure Works
- Conservation and environmental care
- Agriculture and Horticulture
- NZ Armed Forces