| HOSPITALITY PLUS (Level 3)
| Course Content
| Team Skills
Writing and Research Skills
- Positive team communication skills and participation in a hospitality environment.
- Problem solving in a hospitality environment.
Presenting Information in the Workplace
- Effective writing in a hospitality environment.
- Creating informative documents on hospitality related topics.
Using Digital Technology in a Hospitality Workplace
- Presenting information using interactive media and applying active listening techniques.
Hospitality Workplace Requirements
- Ethical use of information technology and managing information in the hospitality workplace.
Preparing for Employment
- Food contamination hazards and food control methods.
- Maintaining a responsible drinking environment as a server in licensed premises.
- Consumer problems and resolutions.
Workplace Communication and Participation
- Evaluate hospitality roles and other service industry career pathways.
- Develop a study plan to enhance future opportunities.
- Common employment relationship problems and resolutions.
- Participate in a socially responsible hospitality community focused activity.
- New Zealand Certificate in Study and Career Preparation (Level 3)
| Graduates Outcomes
| When you have successfully completed this programme you will be able to:
- Manage your own learning to develop industry-specific knowledge and skills to prepare for further study and/or employment in the hospitality sector and employment in careers requiring a range of service skills.
- Work effectively as an individual and as part of a team, applying your communication skills to prepare for further study and/or employment
- Solve problems and communicate clearly using a range of appropriate media.
- Evaluate opportunities and develop plans for study and career pathways relevant to your chosen field(s).
| New Zealand Certificate in Career and Study Preparation (Level 4) or industry based qualifications delivered through full-time or part-time study, or in the workplace. Further hospitality study can lead to employment in a broad range of food and beverage and service industry operational roles.
Using your knowledge of hospitality and service industries, you could pathway to entry level employment in a range of sectors such as:
- Quick Service Restaurants
- Cafés and Bars